Hi Lovies! Is there anything more amazing than a coffee mug coffee cozy?!
Why didn’t I think of this before? The best way to accessorize coffee is obviously with more coffee!
This is a fairly quick project and would make an adorable gift with a bag of fresh coffee for your coffee-loving friends.
Coffee Mug Coffee Cozy
Fits your standard reusable Starbucks mug.
- Size G Crochet Hook
- Worsted weight yarn: mug color of your choice, black, and coffee color (mine is light brown because I like a little coffee with my creamer)
- Tapestry Needle
- Stitch Markers (I use stitch markers on all of my projects to count rows)
SC– Single Crochet
How simple is that?!
Coffee Mug Coffee Cozy Pattern:
Begin with your mug color, ch 36 or the amount that fits around your mug of choice.
Rows 1-12 : SC in each stitch across, ch 1, turn (35 stitches)
Row 13: in the back stitch only, SC in each stitch across, on the last stitch switch to brown, ch 1, turn (35 stitches)
Row 14: now in the back stitches of the row below the row we just completed (which are technically the front stitches of the previous row; row 12) SC in each stitch across. We will have crocheted a row into the front and back stitches of row 12. This gives your mug a lip and looks as if coffee is inside it!
- Tie off with a short brown tail and a long mug color tail (pink for me).
- Using your tapestry needle and black yarn, sew a cute face in the center! You’ll string a strand of black yarn onto your needle just like traditional needlework and stitch on the shape of the face. Feel free to give your cutie any face you’d like!
- Make sure you keep the coffee on the inside!!!
coffee cup coffee cozy handle:
With your mug color, chain 19
Rows 1-2: SC in each stitch across, ch 1, turn (18 stitches)
- Tie off with a long tail.
- Using your tapestry needle and the tail, sew your handle on about an inch to the left of the face.
With the face and handle facing the inside, make a complete circle with your cozy. Using your tapestry needle, sew the ends together with the corresponding color of your mug and a stitch or two for the coffee. I usually go over the join twice to make sure it is secure.
Tie off and trim excess ends.
Flip right side out!
My cat, y’all. Even she loves coffee this much!
How stinkin’ cute is that?! Coffee with your coffee. My soul is complete.
Items I used:
Here are a few of the items I used to create this project and would recommend to my friends and family. I have actually purchased these myself and have been very pleased with them. Please note if you purchase any of these items using my links, I make a small commission at no additional cost to you.
(Thank you for supporting this blog! Your support means I get to make more free patterns for you!)
Thank you so much for your support of my creations.
I hope you have enjoyed this pattern!
Subscribe below to never miss a new pattern! Click here to see more free patterns.
Happy Crocheting Lovies
©My Purpose in Life is Joy
You are welcome to make and sell items using my pattern but please do not use my pattern and/or pictures and claim them as your own creations. Also, please include a link back to this post. It takes a lot of time, energy, and passion to create these free patterns for you so please show some love!